Wednesday 28 December 2011

Year 2011 - I Lost A Pebble, But Found A Treasure!!

This is a common phenomenon in the lives of all the bloggers (well, most of them) that they treat this last week of the calender year as a time where they reflect on the year that went by. I am no different. Its just that I want to look back to analyze where I was then (2010 last week) and where I am now. Writing this post is already making me aware that there is going to be zero readership for this one. But I have to write this. I owe this to myself.



Writing in points is better... (disagree? Jump off a bridge!!)



In the year 2011:













I WAS BROKEN BUT WAS NOT READY TO GIVE UP!!





1. I never gave up: I didnt give up, when I could have, that too, very easily. I had come home in December 2010. And it is never a good thing for an Indian Family when the "married daughter" comes back to their parent's home ever, for good. Yes...It happened. I did come back and I wouldnt want to get into the "Hows and Whys" of it. When relationships end, no matter how big or small, it is always painful. It was for me too. In my case it ensured that I am hospitalized (for the first time ever in my life). I was broken mentally, physically, emotionally, financially, internally and externally. But then could I just hide myself in the confinements of four walls.. No! I couldnt have! I had to move on, no matter how difficult, no matter how impossible. I did. I got back to my previous job. People were kind. No questions were asked. They were kind and they understood.






THE SMILE WAS RETURNING, SLOWLY!!




2. From "Counselor" to "Academic Counselor": Someone at my workplace knew that I am not happy with what I am doing. It was limited. It was just front desk sales - "Convincing people to Think CAT - Think TIME". I was unhappy. I quit. (Even though I left, few people will always be remebered and cherished "Balaji Partibhan, Nivethitha, Vidhya, Girijia Ma'am, Jagan Subburam, Mark North) Just like that. I needed more. Then I came to know of this new opportunity where an infrastructure company is foraying into education sector and an "Academic Counselor" (the title spelled "dignity/pride/respect) is required. It excited me. It felt as if this job and I were just looking for each other. I got through the interview and we just hit it off from there. Laying foundation of a school with young angels (LKG - VIIIth) std., an Architecture College (Ah! The Excitement, The Pressure, The Deadlines, The Sweet Sense of Success), A Music School (My love for Rock/Fusion/Indian Classical was reborn). I met some of the most amazing people in my life at this stage. Priya (My Current Boss: I have and I am learning so much for her. I bug her with my questions both personal and professional and she is always there with an answer. So much encouragement and motivation, I have got from you, Priya, Thank You), Mr. Ganesh Ram (My Super Boss: Woah! The enthusiasm, The energy and The positive attitude. I respect him!!) I made some great friends, Mukesh, Pushpa, Shwetha, Viswa, Raghav, Sujeen, Pramod, Jatan, Shyam Rao, Johanson, VijayGanesh, Jean Herve, John Gomez, Radha, Pon Prabha, Leo, Gaurav, Lunic....the list is endless (These names are in the order of which I came to know them, please dont take it otherwise. :)





LIFE IS A GAME AND "TRUTH & HONESTY" IS THE ONLY RULE!!





3. The Legal Legalities: Ok, this is something I dont want to talk much about. Chennai High Court (to file a divorce), Chennai Office of the Commissioner of Police (to file an FIR), Chapra Court (for a hearing on restitution of conjugal rights)... Pain! Confidence! "I dont care"! "I am not scared"! "Bring it on"! "I am not going to be suffering in silence"! "You asked for it, you will get it"! ----- Are some of the thoughts which made me stronger and capable of fighting for my rights with each passing day.




MY TRUE SELF!!




4. "Ullaas": No one has any clue, how much it means to me, the Cultural Committee of my Organization "Ullaas". I have been voted the Secretary, which makes it even more special. I met some of the most amazing people who have a clear understanding of the concept "Fun at Work". When I was slowly fighting the battles of my life, "Ullaas" brought my confidence back. The "Real Me" was suddenly standing in front of me, looking into my eyes. I told myself "I am back, Girl!" Hell Yeah!!




THE PAGE 3 MOMENT!!




5. Page 3: The picture says it all. Nonetheless, it was special!





Tweet! Tweet! - I CAN "TWEET-IFY" A "LOT"!!




6. Twitter Twee-Pals: 2011 saw the birth of @SunSandRain. (Though I still prefer to blog as the "The Pink Orchid";) ; Varun K Mehta, Faizal, Gurnaam Singh Sodhi, Sai_Ki_Bitiya, YaminiHasini, Neeraj Mallick, SavvyDaExplorer, Sunny_A, ShravanRN, _Vinay, Sawan, Manish0891, KP099 (Kumar), Pacificss, Jilaawatan (Inder), ShaileshKPandey, and so many more... I love reading them.. talking to them..bugging them..Each one of you mean a lot to me and I want to meet all of you someday!! Yeah!!







THE FRAGRANCE OF FREEDOM!!




7. Hyderabad: This is not just a place, this is another page in the book of my life. For the first time, in my life, I was away from home, not on a family trip, not on a school/college trip, but on a trip of my choice, where I went because I wanted to go. Thank You Viswa for making it possible. Paradise Biryani, Hyderabadi Bangles, Chaar Minar, RAC Train Travel, Endless Bus Travel and of course "Shwetha & Ra..." --- It is all going to be etched in my memory forever!








 



I guess that's about it. I have written enough and now when I look back on what I have written... I feel proud and grateful.




Thank You!!


P.S. I didnt want to repeat meeting Ms. Kiran Bedi here in this post 'coz that deserves a separate mention and it has been given its due here

61 comments:

The Solitary Writer said...

its always great to know that you are back with your 'NEW' set of friends. Old friends do have some roles in life and i am glad that 2011 has been a good year for you and i hope 2012 will be the same for you.

Ste

Inder said...

This well written article deserves respect, love and prayers far more than I can put in words. You must know that I am so so so impressed and proud to know you. I was delighted and grateful to know myself among your good tweepals. However, the feeling was overbrimming to see that coming from such a 'full of life' and 'angel heart' girl... God Bless!! I won't ask you to stay in touch. It'll be all my pleasure and pursuit to stay in touch with you with all the immense notion of pride. Rabb Raakhkha!! Khush Reh!!

Aparna Gautam said...

Ste,

thank you!!! you know you are a gift of 2009.. my oldest blogger buddy.. you will always be cherished :)

Aparna Gautam said...

Inder,

I am so awed by you comment.. :) thank youuuuuu!!! I will always be in touch aur kabhi rabb ne chaaha to aapke darshan bhi honge :)

Anil Sawan said...

2010 saw me loose a friend, some one who was very very special to me. 2011 gave her back. on a very selfish note, i have no complaints!

bless you Kajal. my prayers were always with you and would always be there for you.

Aparna Gautam said...

Sawan,

Wow! I almost lost you. right? Dont ever dare to forget what you mean to me!! You are my Guardian Angel! Darn Yes, You Are!!

Anil Sawan said...

veyse being Guardian to an Angel is a very demanding job i shud say :P

When is miss super busy visiting Bangalore? :O

Aparna Gautam said...

soon Sawan soon :)

मुसाफ़िर said...

I never take life too seriously...but reading your blog made me think for a moment !
After going through such an emotional painful phase in life...you managed to come out of it like a real fighter !! That makes you very special and I'm happy to find myself in the list of your twee-pals.
Keep Smiling , Friend !! God Bless you !!

Aparna Gautam said...

Musafir ji yahaan pal bhar rukne ke liye aapka shukriya.. I am just so glad to have you read my space here :) thank you!!

Neeraj Mallick said...

I was in the meeting when i got this blog's link today, and i started reading it there only....by the time i reach the twtr section i started smiling ,...and speechless....am so blessed to have a friend like you..ya this time am seriously saying..;)....


I dnt knw what to say about the incidents, but yeah am really very proud of you,....and wishes u all the happiness and success in your life...one day we will meet for sure :):)

Keep smiling :)

yamini valli said...

Article is ossum nd thanz 4 addin' me 2 yer frnds list :) vl b olways der 4 ya <3 and hope v vl meet soon :D come 2 hyderabad ;) hehe :D

Aparna Gautam said...

Neeraj,

Naam ki spellings galat likhne ke liye maafi and pyaara comment likhne ke liye "no thank you" ;)

Aparna Gautam said...

Yamini,

Yayyi.. I will come again and this time I will see you :)

Vidya said...

wah!!! I jus have no words... i dunno what to write, but i jus wanna tell you, you are such a great person, I'm proud to be with... Way to girl!!

Aparna Gautam said...

Awwee Vidya, you "actually" commented :) I am so glad to know you too. Seriously!

p.panghal said...

Great going dear, am proud of you both as a teacher as well as a human.God bless

Freelancer said...

Now that's the kajal I know.... keep it girl, you have always rocked. always!

vikalap said...

khush nasib wo nahi jinki kismat khush hai,
khush nasib wo hai jo apni kismat se khush hai.
but is there any word for u----do let me know also.....i m thoughtless...
u r THE REAL FIGHTER...
PROUD to be ur lil bro....
infact SALUTE hai yaar tujhe....
bas apna haath hum jaiso ke sir pe hamesha rakhio...
Wish u all the very best year 2012...
GOD BlESS U dear with loads of love....!!!

Vinay Leo R. said...

Its been a pleasure to tweet and bug u a lot too, sis. Made part of my year memorable as well :) Have a fantastic 2012 okay? blog more, tweet more AND dont change ur twitter account ;)

Savvy said...

Well.. Before analyzing the Orchid's canvass in termini of the year, I must delineate how I interpret the word - Life..

Is it merely the characteristic state or mode of living ? Probably more.. Its about the course of existence of an individual.. the actions, events and moments.. both idyllic and acerbic, that occur in time, the corresponding responses to those.. and ultimately saying - "Yes, I Continue to Exist" ..

Trust me, After reading this post, I have become much more percipient.. Or as the Author Says - "I feel more sure of myself"..

Truly honored to have a "Gem" amongst my friends.. Thank you..

Unknown said...

Ok.. it is going to be a long comment.
First of all, the post was awesome.. and the title is so so apt..
secondly, your experience and how you fought with every condition... Just one word for that RESPECT.
and now I am feeling proud to just know you, doesn't matter how much.

Another thing.. God is always with you... with every right person.. you found the treasure of great friends and correct opprutunity by his grace. Don't need to tell you but still saying.. remember this thing and stay positive..

About Page 3.... Hmmm... so I know a celeb too.. :) Will ask for your autograph and photograph, when ever we meet...

and Twitter... I was and am still smiling on mention of my name.. (PS: its a single a in Gurnam :D) but really.. i am feeling special after that mention..

and all the best and good luck for your "Cupid Strikes" part..

Last thing.. Didn't get the mention of name Kajal in comments.. i know you as aparna :)

Rahil Gupta said...

Wow very well written!! each and every word of the writing exemplifies not only your strength but your ability to bounce back :)
Your story can be a big source of inspiration of people who are blocked and depressed by their so called "big issues"
Proud to have you as a friend :)
Happy 2012; may it brings loads of happiness to your life that you truly deserve

aphysio said...

Deeply moved by the piece, it was like you have opened your heart. I appreciate your courage and you inspire a lot of respect with the kind of resolve you have shown. I am hopeful that you will move out of it soon, All my best wishes with you. May the new year 2012 brings all the happiness and successes in your life. God bless you :-)

sachingothi said...

when I first read it i just had it as any other blog .. Not bcuz it is anyway streched but it contain so many names .. But just after reading it again I can feel what u went through .. I used to write but so much grip over words is super .. This time i felt connected to every name u wrote .. And will be praying and waiting for cupid section to grow .. U r strong so always be like it .. Bless u in 10 folds :)

uble_ande said...

As already said by all, i don't really have words to express my feelings + am drastic on commenting something, but still i need to give THIS a try.

Okay, first things first, i never knew much about you and your past life earlier. Though i had an idea of something like this (if you remember the question once i asked on #twitter DM).
Thin was one such post which once started will not be left midway, EVER. Dimaag mai itna kucch chalta hai yaar when we come around something like this, its unexpressable.

But in the end theirs only respect for you, that despite all the odds, you are here with us and making us all feel proud, its our pleasure to have known you.

Keep Smiling, you look better than the best that way. God Bless !!

peter said...

Ahh bouncing back from a failure and from a bad phase is the best feeling in the world. The fate did what it had to and u did what you had to :)

Hope this new year makes up for everything. Stay blessed :)

Nadeem Ahmad said...

A lot of us goes through a make or break situation in our respective lives. Some let the situation to break them, some choose to fight it head on. But irrespective of it all, life goes on. But in the end, when we look back, we should be proud of things we did, friends we make and life we lived.

This life becomes inspiration and example for others to follow...

You have are living one such life. Proud of you...

Hope you get all the happiness of this beautiful world. Hope you get everything that you wished for, whatever is best for you...:-)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Pratibha Ma'am: Thank you so much for all the motivation ou have provided throughout.. :)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Freelance: Yeah Yeah Kajal bulaao mujhe.. people are asking me "Ye Kajal Kaun Hai?"

Aparna Gautam said...

@Vikalap: Oye tu itna good good bhi bol sakta hai?? :P

Aparna Gautam said...

@Vinu: thank you bhaai :)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Savvy: one of the most precious comments posted on my entire blog is yours ..thank you :)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Sodhi Saab: aapne to speechless kar diya apne comment se :)

Aparna Gautam said...

@aphysio: shukriya ji.. karam :)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Sachingothi: thanks for the second read, otherwise this comment wouldnt have come :)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Uble_Ande: you have always been concerned which is really sweet. thank you :)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Peter: Yayyyii Mera Blogger Dude!! :) thank you ..:)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Nadeem: thank was really sweet and beautiful..thank you :)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Rahil: so sweet of you to have commented here :) I will cherish this forever.. :)

Shravan RN said...

almost 40+ comments. ah. yesterday when i checked, it was none. you still have a lot of readers.

anyways now that i am here, you know how #paidcomments work :P

its been quite sometime i commented on any blogs and this blog, well, i dont wanna get kicked.

its been great knowing you. ever since u started calling me what you call me, its been wonderful. and i would always run out of words to tell, how much it mean to me, and how much i admire you, and the way you write.

2012, may all you wish for, and desire for, come true for you.

please dont delete/ change ur handle again. its tough searching and finding out :P

waiting to see you one day Chechie :)

~Sunny A~ said...

Read the blog post over and over again...

Some real life stories are so much more intriguing and inspiring than anything... and this one surely is one of them...

Felt good to know that you've stood your ground, strong and smiling...

Your Twi handle should have been "@SunSandRainBows" :)

Hope the New Year brings more Opportunity, Peace and Happiness in your Life...

God Bless and Keep Smiling...

Tan said...

Nice to read you after so long. I must say you grew as a writer, and you have gone more practical this time.

Hope you are having a great time in your new life. I am happy that somewhere you still remember me, and all of us in WL.

TC... Happy New Year 2012! Enjoy the treasure :)

Saim said...

Am truly so happy for you, you have looked adversity in the eye and made it blink. Back to blogging, jumping on to the Twitter bandwagon, rediscovering yourself all over again...as they say, you pretty much have found your mojo back :D
Keep it going:-)

Anonymous said...

kya kahu..par sach mein ye post padhane ke baad khade ho kar salute kara maine.its nice to see u again on blog.
i hope you remember me.

Ms. Capricious said...

2 co-incidents, you are cancerian and ummm out of rotten relationship( if i can say that)well, same case with my sis, but she isn't as strong as you, though she is much better now. Its motivating to see that you have moved on meticulously. Wish you a great 2012. Hope before the world ends, you fly high :P Happy 2012 !:)

PULKIT said...

have a great year 2012 ahead, tc and god bless ya! Keep rocking

Aparna Gautam said...

Monu. That was really sweet. Thank u :)

Aparna Gautam said...

Thank you Sunny. I never thought you'd stop by :)

Aparna Gautam said...

Tan bhai, I'll never forget u. Never!

Aparna Gautam said...

Saim, big hug!!

Aparna Gautam said...

Chirag, jai ho!

Aparna Gautam said...

Ms Capricious. Thanks for stopping by :)

Aparna Gautam said...

Pulkit, same to you :)

VARUN said...

Life is filled with happiness, sadness, tears, smiles, laughter and other emotions but when life gets you down, just be strong about it and keep your head up high and have faith in all things in life. Always remember: God *thts Me* is at your side, always .. your words make my heart melt.. You leave me speechless and yet all end with a smile... You are such an incredible writer ..

Dhanya said...

I can identify with everything coz I went thru the same. :) Apart from you and I, Judy Balan is another person who had to go through the same in her married life. And the weird part? We're all Virgos! The best part? We're strong enuff to overcome the situation and move on with our lives. I'm glad you've found someone special (it's not early btw), and I hope the relationship is there to stay. *Touch wood*

Aparna Gautam said...

@Varun: Jal Devta ki Jai!!! :)

Aparna Gautam said...

@Dhanya: thank you so much for sharing.. hope to see you around :)

romeomustdiee said...

Some people curse darkness instead of lighting a candle. You r source of inspiration to many. Not many can show courage in times of adversity. Love the way u have carried urself.

Moreover smiles can cure everything , wat if it is for few moments ....nd ur deepee is alwez like dat .

Respect.......

Have an awesome 2012.


@romeomustdiee

Aparna Gautam said...

@romemustdie: you fnally came here..this itself is a matter of big big happiness for me..:) thank you..

Unknown said...

Aparna, Had come earlier but did not have time to read your blog post. Read it today. Its 3.14 AM. Pain hurts and also heals in many ways and makes one stronger. I love the smile on your face. A smiling face in what life calls adversity especially if it is not used to hide pain but comes from inside is a treat to watch on any face. You are a strong girl stay blessed.