Thursday 9 July 2015

Shadow of the Moon

I want to hold that sky in my arms..
Fill my pockets with the stars..
But..
I waited too long..
I wonder now..
Whether destiny is a thing to believe in..
I wonder now..
Whether I accept that the sky is far away
Or fight the stars..
I wonder now
Whether I steal the moon and hide
Or just stand and stare..
I wonder how far..
I can survive..
This rush of emotions..
This emptiness..
This feeling that I can reach out and touch you..
But the reality is that..
You are probably an illusion..
Just like the shadow of the moon..
In the river..

1 comment:

Vinay Leo R. said...

Love the comparison between love and the moon! Would have been nice if we could always believe that the moon would be in our pocket. The innocence of childhood...before the thoughts of love and destiny!