Monday 25 February 2013

Why Did You Never Teach Me?

You taught me how to,
Toughen up against the world,
Stand up for my rights,
Be morally right,
And polite.

You taught me how to,
Love selflessly,
And to keep the family together,
To understand and listen,
Be kind.

You taught me how to,
Smile in pain,
And not be afraid,
Be grateful,
And work hard.

But why is it that,
Tears roll down my cheeks,
When my forehead burns with fever,
Or when an injection hurts?

Why is it that everything I cook,
Reminds me of you?

Why is it that you never taught me,
How to live without you??

Mom, I don't know if I have said it enough number of times but I miss you a lot and I'm counting days to the moment when I will see you. I hope that happens soon enough.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was such a sweet poem... I hope you meet your mum as soon as possible.... :) till then tc n keep writing :)