Wednesday 5 December 2012

Voices in My Head

I need something to overcome the voices in my head. As night falls, the voices in my head get as loud as they can. Sometimes sad, sometimes happy, sometimes thrilled, sometimes depressed, they make sure I don't sleep. Exhausted, being weak, distracting myself with reading, tv, internet, Ah nothing helps. Its strange how this works!

Like right now, I know I need to sleep. I have to see a doctor tomorrow, practically today, its way past midnight. I have got to be in office in time. Cooking breakfast, lunch, cleaning utensils, washing clothes.. A lot of work is pending for the morning. But sleep is far far away from my eyes.

What am I thinking? Anything specific? Nope! Its a plethora of multi coloured thoughts. So many plans, certain complaints, inconveniences, worries, few joys, people around, work (both official and personal). It is as if a lot of thoughts keep waiting for the night to fall so that they could sabotage my mind and take away my peace.

While I am typing this, I, suddenly, felt something nice. My eyes are getting heavier. I can hear dreams calling. Peace is taking me in its arms. Yay! Writing does help. I'm feeling so light. Okay so before I start dancing because of the fact I blogged, let me just go sleep.

Good night y'all,
The Pink Orchid

1 comment:

Shreya said...

Writing really does help. It empties out your head of all the scrambled thoughts.

Loved the way you wrote in the middle of the night!!